I like to read. I'm interested in language and etymology, and I like how good writers can put thoughts and feelings into the minds of their readers. Apart from the use of language as a medium of communication, I'm interested in other means of transferring ideas. And lately I've really started to appreciate the power of pictures and animation.
I think this comes from watching YouTube videos, like this one. Or even text with pictures, like this, or this.
So I find more and more that when I am thinking out a long story, I really want to put pictures in. When I have to create corporate presentations, I wish I could make them like this. But I can't, because I can't draw or make cartoons.
So here's what I would like: I want a way to hire the services of a cartoonist on a contract basis. I'd like a site which will let me specify a few parameters, like:
I think this comes from watching YouTube videos, like this one. Or even text with pictures, like this, or this.
So I find more and more that when I am thinking out a long story, I really want to put pictures in. When I have to create corporate presentations, I wish I could make them like this. But I can't, because I can't draw or make cartoons.
So here's what I would like: I want a way to hire the services of a cartoonist on a contract basis. I'd like a site which will let me specify a few parameters, like:
Stills or Animation
Drawing style - Stick figures, DC comics, South Park etc.
Length - time or number of frames
with maybe a short description. Then artists get to offer their services if they're interested. I would see their portfolios, as well as their customer ratings and their rate cards.
I figure there are a lot more people out there with solid drawing skills than there are jobs for them. And there are a lot of people like me who cannot draw to save their lives. I found Cartoonists for Hire but it's not quite what I'm imagining.
What do you think? How much would you pay for this service?